Ready to satisfy your sugar cravings without feeling guilty? Here are five super easy snack ideas for you to enjoy. These snacks are quick and simple to make and easy to implement in your daily routine
Greek Yogurt Bark
This is one of my favorite go-to snacks because you can make different combinations every time. These yogurt barks are perfect for a warm day or a late night craving. Greek yogurt is protein-rich and a great way to boost your metabolism.
- Greek yogurt (pick your favorite!)
- Fruit (suggestions: strawberries & blueberries)
- Nuts (suggestions: almonds & hazelnuts)
- Honey or jam
How to :
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread the yogurt about 1/4 inch thick
- Scatter the toppings :fruit, granola, nuts, honey and jam
- Place in the freezer for about 3 hours or until the yogurt is firm. Cut or break into pieces.
Simple Banana Pancakes
These pancakes taste delicious and are the perfect breakfast or an afternoon snack. The bananas make them sweet and creamy inside. Bananas are also a great source of potassium, which helps ward off muscle cramps.
- 2-3 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ of rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until smooth. Mix in eggs and vanilla, then mix in oats.
- Heat a skillet over medium and add a scoop of the mixture. When you start seeing bubbles ( about 2-3 min), flip your pancake and cook until the other side is golden.
- Toppings: add honey, cinnamon and banana slices to garnish.
Healthy Banana Split
More bananas! Did you know a banana split could be healthy? This recipe is even easier to make and it is a fun combination of simple ingredients. It also combines the health benefits of bananas and yogurt.
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or plain organic yogurt
- 1 tablespoon organic strawberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds toasted
- Optional: fresh blueberries ( or any other fruit!)
- Cut the banana in half.
- Top with 3 scoops of yogurt and strawberry preserves.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds over the top and garnish with fresh fruit
You can’t go wrong with smoothies. They are refreshing, filling and yummy. Adding bananas will make sure your smoothie is super creamy. Fruit smoothies are a great way to nourish your body with essential nutrients and anti-oxidants. Using almond milk can add protein, making this a great post-workout snack.
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ½ of frozen berries
- 1 frozen banana
- Optional: cacao nibs, maca powder or fresh ginger to give your smoothie a little something special.
- Blend everything together and top if off with some fresh fruit/cereal/granola!
This recipe is so practical to make and the perfect way to start off your morning. Just whip it up the night before and leave in the fridge until morning. Chia seeds have several health benefits, including being high in fiber and omega-3.
- Unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- ¼ cup of blueberries
- Combine 1 cup unsweetened almond milk with the vanilla extract
- Stir in the chia seeds and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours to allow the chia seeds to soak up the almond milk and make a pudding
- When done, top with blueberries
Recipe from: https://www.wellandgood.com/healthy-sweet-snacks/
Hope you enjoy these healthy sweet snacks! Want to try more recipes, check out our article: