After having a recoup, we can’t blame you for wanting more of that awesome ginger kick in your diet. Many recipes worldwide feature ginger-focused flavors, whether for dinner, a salad, or a warm drink. Check out these recipes below from four different countries to give you inspiration on what to try next.
Japan - Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing by Caroline Phelps from Pickled Plum.
- 7 ounces carrots (peeled and chopped )
- 4 ounces onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup organic canola or vegetable oil
- Put all the ingredients except for the canola oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the oil and blend until the mixture has emulsified.
- Serve with iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumber.
India - Ginger Cardamom Chai by Manali from Cook With Manali.
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon black loose tea leaves
- ¼ inch ginger grated
- 2 green cardamom
- sugar to taste
Peel the cardamom and take out the seeds. Crush them using a mortar & pestle. Set aside.
Heat water in a pan on medium flame.
Add grated ginger & crushed cardamom seeds.
Once the water is hot, add the milk and also the sugar.
Let the milk & spices comes to a boil.
Add the tea leaves and simmer for a minute or two. Simmer more for a stronger chai.
Strain the chai into the cup using a strainer.
Serve hot with cookies.
Thailand - Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry (Gai Pad King) by Pailin Chongchitnant from Hot Thai Kitchen.
Philippines - Adobo Chicken with Ginger from AllRecipes.
Also, check out our blog post "5 Ways to Incorporate Ginger into Your Diet" for more inspiration!